Thursday, April 24, 2008

Once upon a time in Mexico - Part Uno

For spring break this year we planned a trip to Mexico.

As we prepared for the trip, I remember having feelings of trepidation, after all I was taking my family south of the border way, and I hadn't been there myself for more than 25 years, and I was driving my own car, and I was worried about getting lost, getting run into, going to jail, losing one or more of my children, and similar thoughts galore.

Silly I know, and as it turns out - totally unfounded (or very nearly as you'll hear).

We simply had a marvelous time!

We traveled to Rosarito Beach, Baja CA - roughly 25 miles south of Tijuana and stayed in our timeshare right on the coast.

Some pics:













It was great fun for all of us - I took about 700 pictures, so can't post them all, but I'll continue to post a few more in subsequent updates...

Wait until you hear about how much fun we had finding our way back into the U.S.! (remember that comment about staying out of jail? by the skin of my teeth friends, by the skin of my teeth...)

3 comments:

Megan said...

I want to go to Mexico, or anywhere warm! You luckies. It looks like you had a great time.

jake roi said...

It was marvelous. In the 90s the first 2 days, then the high 70s to mid-80s the rest of the days.

The water was chilly - which it always is along that stretch of coast, but as you saw from the photos, it wasn't too cold for the boys to boogie board.

Cari said...

Great pictures! I'm so glad you had a good time.
It's so beautiful there!

Can't wait to hear about the near-jail experience. I've been to Tijuana but will never go again. I'm afraid of the Mexican police. My grandpa (who was American Indian) got mistaken for a Mexican criminal and spent almost a week in a Mexican jail. No kidding. Scary.

"pain quotidien"

"My own business always bores me to death; I prefer other people's."

-Oscar Wilde