Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Welcome to the Prado

Last month, the Prado became the first museum to open its collection to Google’s mapping technology, allowing you to take a virtual trip to Madrid and see super-mega-resolution views of 14 masterpieces.

The paintings include Bosch’s Garden of Earthly Delights, Rubens’s Three Graces, Fra Angelico’s Annunciation, and El Greco’s Nobleman with his Hand on his Chest, and you can zoom in so closely, it’s like putting your nose right up to the canvas (without angering security guards). Other museums, take note: It’s time to Google yourselves.

Check it out here

2 comments:

Malaina said...

Hey Brother King! I hope he gets the package before he gets transferred! I put it in the mail yesterday- my return address is on it if it doesn't get to him for some reason; I also have a tracking number.

I'd love to try to call... I just bought a sim card for my phone. I've got to buy some minutes to put on it though. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Hope all is well back home :)

jake roi said...

Excellent - Thanks Malaina! I suspect it'll get there on time. Let us know if you get a chance to talk to him. Things here are great.

"pain quotidien"

"My own business always bores me to death; I prefer other people's."

-Oscar Wilde