Friday, January 05, 2007

Ms. Richmond? They're ready for you.

Thanks for the comments and the gentle (and sometimes not so gentle) reminders that it's been a while.

I have no real excuse other than to say that the muse has been on vacation, and so, perforce, was I. Sometimes I wish that writing were my career, but in the past weeks, I've been thrilled that it is not, else my kids would be starving, instead of stricken with affluenza.

I have several posts in the wings, starts and spurts yet, but soon to break forth visible, and hopefully, viable. Included in this mixed bag is the as yet unfinished, and loooong overdue response to cw's tag, which is high on my priority list.

Thanks gentle readers and lurkers for venturing, stumbling, drifting, zipping, perambulating, landing, linking, or otherwise, coming here.

all the best.

- jake

4 comments:

Lyle said...

vive o rei! Waiting with abated breath

dalene said...

I've got an idea. Why don't you post a link to this in the meantime. If I didn't have to register on Yahoo to vote, I would've voted for the check-out girl, hands down. (Although Live the Flavor amused me as well.) And I don't even like Doritos. It's like I just lived the best moments of the Super Bowl without having to sit through what is usually the most anti-climactic game of the entire season.

Happy New Year! And thanks for contributing a recipe on my blog!

Lyle said...

Compulsive- Thanks for the link. Those were pretty funny.

jake roi said...

lyle Don't hold your breath too long. And surely an english whiz such as yourself knows the difference between abated and bated? What I mean to say is that I hope you haven't stopped breathing altogether (abated) but rather you've almost stopped breathing (bated). Stupid aphesis. I am glad that you opted for abated vs. baited which is so rapidly becoming the common form. Here's something you may appreciate on the use of the term "baited breath"

"Sally, having swallowed cheese,
Directs down holes the scented breeze,
Enticing thus with baited breath
Nice mice to an untimely death."

compulsive I took your advice and created another post with the doritos link. We'll see what comes of that. And you're welcome on the soup recipe. I've seen several submissions which tempt.

The best new year to you too!

"pain quotidien"

"My own business always bores me to death; I prefer other people's."

-Oscar Wilde