Monday, March 23, 2009

Disney videos of my youth

I loved these when I was a kid. I was talking with my kids about them the other day, specifically about Lambert the sheepish lion, and I found them on youtube - of course. Here they are for my kids, and for you all too. Enjoy.

Peter and the Wolf part 1


Peter and the Wolf part 2


and to complete the wolf theme, Lambert the Sheepish Lion


BTW - I was terrified of these wolves when I was little. For literally years after I first saw them, I was certain that the wolf lived in my laundry room and when it was dark in the house, I'd run like crazy for my bed, and if I couldn't get to sleep, I'd see the wolf's nose edging around the corner of my bedroom door. Chilling! I'll confess that I still get a frisson of remembered fear when those wolves snap those jaws, even today.

- jake

2 comments:

Cari said...

You better check under your deck to make sure there's no wolves! You know, just to be sure. :)

jake roi said...

True - come to think of it, the deck is adjacent to the Laundry room...

"pain quotidien"

"My own business always bores me to death; I prefer other people's."

-Oscar Wilde