Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Okay - I get it

It's been far too long since my last update.

To bring everyone up to speed - SK does have a small tumor in his brain. However it appears to be totally benign, and is not a concern at this point to the doctors. They want to see him again fairly regularly for the next couple of years so that they can monitor any possible changes and they gave us a list of symptoms to watch out for. There was also some advice given to SK not to use this information for evil, e.g. "Hey girlsnamehere it's okay that you're not going out with me, I just have a brain tumor and who knows if you'll get another chance, but that's okay." At any rate, it is a great blessing and relief to know that we don't have to fret and stress over this for now.

TK is doing well on the mish. You can see (usually) weekly updates on the blog we maintain for him at right.

Football is fully underway and all the boys are playing on at least one team and our lives are crazy and hectic and fabulously full of football. And of course we're rising and shouting all over the place - especially last Saturday (here you go UCLA - your first shutout in 83 years, courtesy of BYU and the Mt. West).

Baby girl is dancing several times a week, and has added a hip hop class to the regimen. PS - she loves activity days with the Glad Housewife and has a great time playing with friends here and there, and mostly is excited about going to her brothers games.

The oldest is also doing well, and is on again in his (mostly) on again / off again relationship with Ms. Jess. He told me the other day he'll be going with her to Houston for Thanksgiving. Do I really have a child old enough to be meeting the parents? I suppose I must.

I'll really try to update more regularly moving forward, but that's all the time I have for today.

And Hey Jude - a McDonald's Happy Meal is neither Happy nor a Meal - discuss.

4 comments:

CrzyJess said...

Jared, I feel privilged to have been mentioned in your blog. =) Can't wait to see you guys on Sunday!

Megan said...

Finally! Thanks for the update. I'm sorry about sk but everything will work out, it always does.

Hey Jude! said...

Funny story. I ate a happy meal today. It wasn't a meal, but it actually did make me happy...
Welcome back!

Cari said...

emma had a happy meal today and it had the cutest madame alexander tin man toy in it. that made me happy.

glad to hear there's not anything to worry about sk for the time being.

have fun with all that football. yikes!

thanks for all the updates.

"pain quotidien"

"My own business always bores me to death; I prefer other people's."

-Oscar Wilde