Thursday, May 03, 2007

EDIM2: I wear my sunglasses at night

Night before last, I came home from the church at about 9:30 after our fa-bu youth etiquette night.

(btw, cjane if you read this - can I hit you up to make some of your most excellent thank you cards? I think we need about 8 of them for all those who helped out the youth that night, if not, no worries...)

Anyway - walked in the door and running up the stairs was baby girl. "Daddy - would you please read me a story and tuck me in?" "Yes honey, give me a few minutes to change and I'll be right in." After I read her a quick story and began to pull up the blankets, BG sat up slightly in the bed, lifted her pillow, reached under and pulled out...

sunglasses.

"Cute new quirk" says my inner monologue. A quick besito, a flick of the light switch, and I'm on my way upstairs to see how the american idols do with Jon Bon.

About an hour later, La Reine went downstairs for something, and came back up with a huge smile and a comment of "you've got to see this". TK and I go downstairs, and sure enough - there's BG sound asleep still wearing her sunglasses. Of course TK snaps a photo with his phone and we all have a good chuckle.

Yesterday TK pulls out his phone, shows BG the picture of herself asleep wearing sunglasses. BG looks and states, "well, the lamp in my room is very bright, and if I don't wear sunglasses, then I get confused that it's not night time." We all laugh again.

The funny thing is - BG has a cute little lamp on her dresser. Normally I stock 15 watt light bulbs which we put in this lamp, and she keeps it on 24/7.

The last time the bulb died, guess what I didn't have? That's correct - 15 watt bulbs. So, since she asked so sweetly if I'd replace the bulb, I used what I had - which was a 60 watt-er. Needless to say she's fine with this, and I haven't worried overly much about getting a 15 watt bulb as yet - ergo, sunglasses.

And yes - she keeps the glasses under the pillow and wears them every single night, and apparently has been since I changed the bulb more than a month ago - how cute and sweet is that.

- jake

2 comments:

Cari said...

She is too cute! I just love her!

Megan said...

That is hilarious! She is such a cute girl. Kids do the funniest things.

"pain quotidien"

"My own business always bores me to death; I prefer other people's."

-Oscar Wilde