Monday, September 18, 2006

The weekend in review

Friday night - Provo lost to Timpview. TK played the second half at quarterback because the t-birds did their best to re-injure WJ's shoulder, (they were successful), at least when they weren't pulling off WJ's helmet and punching him in the face. The bulldog response to the face punching cost Provo a touchdown. Great fun! TK played well and looked great, but we just couldn't seem to capitalize, and the bulldogs lost by a touchdown.

Saturday was continuous running from 7:30 in the morning until bed at 11:00 or so. The running included a QK game (the team lost but he played well), grocery shopping, the neighborhood luau, running TK dinner at work, taking SK over to babysit his cousins, and then a couple of hours working on ripping all the game footage from the previous couple of days, making DVDs, updating the football blog, etc., etc. At the luau the Bishop called me up to sing with him - a task I usually quite enjoy, but unfortunately my hawaiian music repetoire is nil, so I mostly harmonized and sang the chorus when I knew it. Sigh.

Sunday began bright and early with a 7:00 am stake priesthood meeting. I very nearly convinced myself to skip it, but ended up doing the right thing, and I took all the boys with me too. Turned out that it was a truly fantastic set of messages, and I would really have missed out if I'd stayed in bed. Best part is the boys agreed!

After priesthood meeting, I spent the rest of the day in other meetings which were equally fulfilling as the first, and finally got home around 7:00 pm. La Reine had already taken the rest of the family up to her mom's to celebrate family birthdays. I called to see when they'd be coming home, and it turned out that it wouldn't make much sense for me to go, since I'd wind up being there for about 1/2 an hour before it was time to turn around and come back home. On a plus side - the dinner that was waiting for me was fantabulous, and I had some time so just relax, enjoy the meal, and wait for my sweet family to rejoin me.

After we'd gotten the younger kids to bed, La Reine, TK and I went over to play some games at my parents (a near regular Sunday occurence) and I even won! The last time that happened was back in July sometime (I keep stats okay, let's just leave it at that), so it was a nice cap to the day. Of course we enjoy the play, but we go for the coversation and company.

We got home just before 11, and I nodded off around 12:30.

A truly rewarding weekend, spent in the company of friends and family - I'm very blessed.

No comments:

"pain quotidien"

"My own business always bores me to death; I prefer other people's."

-Oscar Wilde